Task – responsibility for organising and running part of the section programme.
To include both
- Planning and organising
- Plan and run a linking activity/event with either the section above and below
- Work with the leaders of the sections above and below yours (if appropriate) to arrange a linking event/night/activity.
- Plan the event/night/activity, making sure it is appropriate for the age/venue
- Include members of the section to assist in the evening.
- Plan and run a challenge award
- Choose a challenge award that either has not already been achieved or has been achieved by the fewest members
- Plan the activities on the monthly/termly/yearly programme of the activities needed to achieve the award
- Plan a camp for the section (under the supervision of a leader with a Nights Away Permit)
- Help the young people in the section to explore a particular topic or develop some specific skills
- Any other ideas, subject to agreement with the ESL (YL) and SL
Using your training
Things to think about:
- What risks do your activities present and what controls or rules do you need to put in place?(Module A)
- Can all members of the section(s) take part? (Module F)
- How will you get everyone involved and handle different behaviour? (Module D)
- What leadership style is most appropriate for the activity/event you’re running? (Module B)
- What are you going to plan for your programme? (Module G)
- How are you going to plan a programme over a longer period? (Module H)
- Is the activity age appropriate for everyone taking part? (Module C)
- How are you going to communicate with the Group – written instructions, spoken explanation or demonstration? (Module C and I)
To be discussed with either ESL (YL), SL or YLU:
- What have I done?
- Why did I do it?
- What did I want to achieve?
- What did the section members get from it?
- What did I learn from it?
- What would I do differently next time?
- How do I feel about it now?