As part of the Young Leaders’ Scheme there are four missions to be completed alongside the ten modules.
These missions are designed to allow the Young Leaders to put the learning from the Modules into practice. By doing so, they will gain in confidence and become an integral part of the leadership team within their Section and Group.
Task – run a variety of games: indoor, outdoor or as part of a camp (minimum of three).
To be included
- At least two different types of leadership styles (Module B, C)
- Three different types of games, ie energetic, active, thinking, creative, etc (Module E)
- Run a game at the beginning or end of a section night
- Run a wide game on a camp
- Run a game that ties into a badge the section is working towards
- Run a game that reinforces something the section has just leared
- Any other ideas, subject to agreement with ESL (YL) and SL
Using your training
Things to think about:
- What risks do your games present and what controls or rules do you need to put in place? (Module A)
- What leadership style is most appropriate for the game you’re running? (Module B)
- What are the different types of games you can run? (Module E)
To be discussed with either ESL (YL), SL or YLU:
- What have I done?
- Why did I do it?
- What did I want to achieve?
- What did the section members get from it?
- What did I learn from it?
- What would I do differently next time?
- How do I feel about it now?