Updates to Peer Leadership February 2017
Following a period of consultation, UK Scouts have made some updates to the peer leadership resources and how they are distributed.
The main updates are:
- To support peer leadership in Beavers, a top tips poster is available on the Print Centre. From Friday 3rd March, yellow leadership stripes will be available for District Badge Secretaries to order. A woggle is in the final stages of development for peer leadership in Beavers and will be available for District Badge Secretaries to purchase through Scout Shops in the near future. More information on peer leadership in Beavers can be found here.
- As a result of consultation with young people and adult volunteers, the Sixer and Seconder leadership stripes are becoming red. This allows young people to visually see their progression in leadership through the sections.More information on peer leadership in Cubs can be found here.
- A pocket sized guide will be available for the Cub section and will be sent with badge stripes from District Badge Secretaries. The guide can be given to Sixers to explain what being a Sixer is all about and to recognise their achievements.
- The badge stripes for the Scout section will remain the same.
- A pocket sized guide will be available for the Scout section and will be sent with badge stripes from Badge Secretaries. The guide can be given to Patrol Leaders to explain the expectations of a Patrol Leader and to recognise their achievements.
- A leader’s guide to peer leadership has been developed for Beavers, Cubs and Scouts to support leaders with choosing leaders and responsibilities.
- A leader’s guide to using Young Leaders in the Beaver, Cub and Scout sections has been developed for leaders in those sections.
- A guide to developing leadership skills in Network is available with information about future challenges.
For FAQs on these changes and peer leadership, please click here.