We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to join our explorer scout leadership team in Crawley. Explorer scouts are aged 14 to 18 and focus on discovering the world on their own terms by following a varied programme of outdoor activities.
We require a District Explorer Scout Administrator to help maintain a free flow of information across the District to ensure that every Explorer Scout has access to the full Explorer Scout Programme offered by every Explorer Scout Unit across the District.
You will need to accept The Scout Association’s policies, have a satisfactory DBS clearance and Complete Module 1, Essential Information, Safety and Safeguarding Training. Computer skills relating to database and spreadsheet management, access to email and the Internet would also be useful.
- Development and upkeep of the District Explorer Scout Records including young leader training
- Keep and maintain records of all Partnership Agreements set up between supporting bodies and Explorer Scout Units and that all subsequent updated copies are also kept.
- Keep records of all Explorer Scout meetings held at District level.
- Liaise with GSL(s) and Scout Leader(s) in order to maintain a register of Scout Section members over the age of 13, to assist recruitment in Explorer Scout Units through the effective use of the moving on award.
- Communicate with potential Explorer Scouts to make them aware of the opportunities available to them in Explorer Scouting.
- Maintain a high level of Communication with all Explorer Scouts and Explorer Scout Leaders in the District, to assist retention.
- Any other tasks as agreed with District Explorer Scout Commissioner.
If you think you could lend a hand, please get in touch today for a chat to find out more.