Our young people love the adventures that they have with Scouting. We are looking for someone creative to help capture and share those adventures.
The role of the Media Development Manager (MDM) is to seek out good news stories and develop content for the districts various communications channels.
The key purpose of this role is to provide relevant and exciting content for our communications team to use for sharing with our members, parents, supporters and the general public.
Main contacts: District Senior Leader Team, Member Communications Manager, County Media Development Manager, Assistant District Commissioner (all sections), Group Scout Leaders.
Traning: You’ll be required to complete the essential information module or Scout training.
- Seek out good news stories and develop content (images, quotes, video, story).
- Develop contacts within groups and district sections to acquire relevant stories.
- Monitor media coverage along with HQ and County level stories to produce required content for responses.
- Write and publish regular articles and posts on our various media channels.
- To regularly promote the image of modern Scouting organisation to media groups via local “awareness” campaigns.
This role is fully flexible, however you would be expected to make time to attend events and sectional meetings to produce media. We also produce monthly communications to our members which content would need to be created and ready for each month via our automated website news system.
To apply for this job please visit crawleydistrictscouts.co.uk.