We have an urgent need for volunteers to help and lead our Young Leader Unit (called Ray Mears).
The Young Leader Scheme is one of the exciting elements of the Explorer Scouts Programme. It encourages youth members aged between 14 and 17 to support a younger section while developing their own skills. Young Leaders are supported by a training scheme and validation system. Overall there are 11 Modules (Theory Training) and four Missions (Validation).
This opportunity will allow you to develop our provision for 14-18 year olds, help it to grow and provide better Scouting to more young people who may or may not wish to follow the Explorer Scout Section programme. A Scouting background and knowledge are not essential though the ability to communicate and provide vision whilst motivating and leading is.
This appointment is subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS (CRB) clearance.
- Be visible throughout the District, identifying and working with existing and potential Young Leaders
- Assist in the organisation and facilitation of Young Leader Training Events (currently on a monthly basis)
- Set up and manage a District Young Leader Unit with accurate and up to date member information in Online Scout Manager
- Promote and develop the Young Leader programme throughout Crawley District
- Encourage growth by promoting the benefits of becoming a Young Leader
- Encourage Young Leaders to share knowledge and experience through at meetings
- Work closely with the District Explorer Scout Commissioner and Explorer Scout Leaders to promote and encourage participation in the Young Leader Programme
- Take an active part in the District Team, providing regular updates on the development of the section
- HAVE FUN!
Time commitment for this role is around 2-3 hours per week.
Full training and support will be provided by the District Explorer Scout Commissioner. If you would like more information, please do contact us for a chat – we don’t bite we promise! We look forward to welcoming you to the team!
To enquire about this role please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org