Website Crawley District Scouts
As part of the Leadership team – plan and deliver an exciting, interesting balanced programme full of fun, challenge and adventure to the boys and girls in one of our Scout Troops.
Our Leader team in the Scout section provide boys and girls aged 10.5 – 14 with an opportunity to have fun and learn new skills while taking part in many adventurous activities and camps. Providing everyday adventure is what we do!
Volunteering looks great on your CV and a recent impact report told us that 80% of external organisations said that Scouting has benefited their organisation.
Volunteering is both fun and rewarding, allowing you to feel empowered and giving you a sense of pride. No Experience is required.
What we will provide
- Fun, Friendship and Adventure
- On-going support and mentoring within your new role
- On-going training and CPD including nationally recognised qualifications like First Aid and
- Safeguarding at no cost to you
- Opportunities to expand your personal skills and qualifications
- Full membership to The Scout Association
- Free uniform
- Access to excellent equipment and facilities
- Generous activities budget
- Local district and county organised events
- Practical and online resources, help and advice for planning future activities, adventures, trips and programme ideas
- Behind the scenes admin support and support from the Scout Group’s leader team, executive committee and charity trustees plus The Scout Association
- An opportunity to make a positive contribution to our local community and provide life changing opportunities to the young people in it.
- The opportunity to gain professional qualifications and add memberships of professional organisations such as the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM ) to your CV
- Insurance – as a member of The Scout Association you would be insured while on Scouting events
- An annual programme of events for all members of the Scout Group eg Family Camp
- Plus District, County & National support
And did you know…?
You’d be joining over 100,000 other adult volunteering in UK Scouting right now including HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, Bear Grylls and Julia Bradbury.
The number of volunteers working for Scouting is bigger than the combined workforces of the BBC (24,000) and McDonalds (67,000) put together. Volunteering in Scouting can provide opportunities for travel and adventures throughout the UK and internationally – like the World Scout Jamboree in Japan 2015. Adults volunteers must be aged 18 or older. Young people aged 14 to 17 can still help us by volunteering as a Young Leader. A criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team!
To enquire about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org