Website Crawley District Scouts
Would you like the chance to go camping, climbing, potholing, lead community projects while transforming young people’s lives? By volunteering with our Explorers, you will do all of this and more, using your skills and learning new ones. What we can guarantee is that no two weeks are the same!
You will plan and help deliver a safe and exciting programme for young people aged 14-17, making sure every young person gets the chance to spend at least one night away each year. You’ll use your energy and creativity to help young people have fun, develop their potential and earn a wide range of badges and awards, including the prestigious Chief Scout Awards and D of E.
Of course, you won’t have to do this alone; a team of supporters, parents and the young people themselves will help you plan and deliver the programme. But it’s your enthusiasm and sense of fun and adventure that will inspire them.
Our leaders are normal people just like you, but by working together they make extraordinary things happen! The Scouts offers fun, friendship and life changing adventure to over 450,000 young people across the UK. But this is only made possible by our talented teams of volunteers and we need you to join our team!
What we will provide
- Fun, Friendship and Adventure
- On-going support and mentoring within your new role
- Opportunities to expand your personal skills and qualifications
- Full membership to The Scout Association
- Access to excellent equipment and facilities
- Generous activities budget
- Practical and online resources, help and advice for planning future activities, adventures, trips and programme ideas
- An opportunity to make a positive contribution to our local community and provide life changing opportunities to the young people in it.
- The opportunity to gain professional qualifications and add memberships of professional organisations such as the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM ) to your CV
- Insurance – as a member of The Scout Association you would be insured while on Scouting events
If you would like more information, please do contact us for a chat – we don’t bite we promise! We look forward to welcoming you to the team!
To enquire about this role please email email@example.com