Date(s) - 05/08/2017 - 12/08/2017
South of England Showground
What is WS2017?
WS camps have been held in West Sussex for more than 30 years and feature as a high point in the County Scout and Guide programme. It is an international experience for young people from around the world, joining in a week of activities together including:
Water activities, Abseiling, climbing, Archery, Parascending and other adventurous & challenging activities. Plus cultural activities, sub-camp competitions, musical entertainments, social events, live bands, discos, crafts and even more.
Where is it held?
- The camp is held at South of England Showground Ardingly West Sussex RH17 6TL.
- Ardingly is 11 miles London Gatwick Airport & 51 miles from London Heathrow Airport
- London is 36 miles away with good transport links
When is it?
The camp runs from Saturday 5th August to Saturday 12th August 2017
Who can join in?
- West Sussex Guides and Scouts
- West Sussex Guides Senior Section and Explorer Scouts (under 18’s)
- Overseas Scout and Guide groups affiliated to WAGGGs or WOSM
- Adults either as leaders with a unit or as part of a WS support team